Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Day 4, Back to the Insanity

I'm copying and pasting identical text from the previous post in red.

If you've been linked here from my Facebook page or some other source, just don't go to the main blog page because you'll end up seeing me doing horrible things with my toys. XD XD XD

If you ignore my warning, then I take no responsibility for you becoming mentally unstable after reading about a number of your all-time favorite characters doing horrible things to each other. ^^;

Now that you've been warned, click below to read about my misadventures in Japan. (You won't see the clickable "Read More" link if you received a direct link from me or someone else.)




Early in the morning, I checked out from my hotel in Shinjuku and then headed to the hotel Asakusa-bashi. Once I was there, I left my luggage with the front desk and headed to Akihabara. Since it was still early, I scoped out the area to see which routes I would take to visit as many places I could on Saturday.

Once 10 A.M. hit, the Akihabara Radio Building opened. I went to the Volks Dollpoint on the 8th floor and... Yuck. There was an after-event sale going on and there was a crowd of people with tickets in line to get a crack at the leftover inventory of the most recent doll party Volks had held. It wasn't possible to shop there at the time so I decided to come back later.

Next stop, Azone label shop on the 7th floor. Done.

Next stop, Yellow Submarine on the 6th floor. Done.

Etc.

Exited the Radio Building, walked over to the next building, the Volks New Hobby Heaven.

After Hobby Heaven, I visited the following places in Akihabara not necessarily in this order:

Dollce
DOLK
Lashinbang main building
Lashinbang new building
Anime Recycle Nagomi
Mandarake Complex
Friends
Amiami
Gee! Store

I probably left out some businesses I visited.

As the sun was setting, I headed back to the Radio Building and tried my luck with Volks Dollpoint again. While the crowd was gone, not all sections of the store I wanted to access were open. While I could still buy something, I decided I would need to come back on Monday to see everything I want. I made my exit from the Radio Building and headed to the Gundam Cafe.

Before I made this trip to Japan, I decided I would eat at the Akihabara Gundam Cafe. That didn't happen. The main door was closed with a sign outside stating something to the effect of the building being full and to please wait behind the red line. There was a red line drawn on one side of the concrete steps so I waited there. 5 minutes later, no employee bothered to check to see if I would be willing to wait another X number of minutes to be seated. Since I had a limited amount of time in Japan, waiting and not knowing how much the wait was going to be before I can order dinner was an asinine concept. My time in Japan was precious and I wanted my 5 minutes back. I said to hell with the Gundam Cafe and headed back to my hotel in Asakusa-bashi.

After I got back to the hotel, I checked in. I dropped off my loot in my room and then headed out again. Instead of going back to Akihabara, I visited a restaurant in Asakusa-bashi. Specifically, this one:

This photo was taken during a different time of the day. ^^;

This restaurant has excellent Indian curry, naan, and mango lassi. I'm going back for another meal when I get another opportunity to visit Japan.

Gundam Cafe's loss was this restaurant's gain.

After an awesome meal, I went back to my hotel room and started packing. Sunday would be a "take it easy" day with my cousins but I still wanted to pack as much as I could considering the loot I picked up. This proved to be a foolish idea once I visited my relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment