Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Day 5, Family Time

I'm copying and pasting identical text from the previous post in bold blue.

If you've been linked here from my Facebook page or some other source, just don't go to the main blog page because you'll end up seeing me doing horrible things with my toys. XD XD XD

If you ignore my warning, then I take no responsibility for you becoming mentally unstable after reading about a number of your all-time favorite characters doing horrible things to each other. ^^;

Now that you've been warned, click below to read about my misadventures in Japan. (You won't see the clickable "Read More" link if you received a direct link from me or someone else.)


Visiting one of my cousins requires me to take two trains from Asakusa-bashi. The trip from the hotel to the closest train station from where my cousin lives took about 100 minutes.

Instead of getting into the details of who the cousins I met on this day are, who they're married to, and who their children are, I'm just going to say we went to the local park to look at some scenery and had a barbecue later that evening.




"Do not piss while standing"
So  if I piss here while sitting down, that's OK?

Aw, shit: "Do not pee!"
The fact these signs are even here says a lot about the behavior of some people. XD


In the previous entry, I mentioned I packed my bags as much as I could and that proved to be a foolish idea. This is because my cousins had gifts for me to take home. I took gifts to them so I foolishly assumed I permanently dropped the space and weight taken up by the gifts. While the gifts they gave me weren't as heavy, they took up far more volume and I was saying "Oh, shit". XD XD XD

I decided I'll go to the Akihabara post office on Monday to ship bulky items I can't fit into my luggage.

Sunday was a relaxing day. Not only was spending time with my cousins and their immediate family members enjoyable, having a relaxing and slow-paced day was a nice change from my high paced shopping insanity.

Later that night, as I was checking my e-mail, a close friend experienced a death in the family. Specifically, my friend's father passed away. I told him I was in Japan at the time and I'll be back on Monday. I told him to let me know if he needs my help with something. He said he should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment