Sunday, January 9, 2011

Outtakes, Bloopers, and Miscellaneous Scenes with Jenn

The outtakes and miscellaneous reel will probably be the last video I'll release which features Jenn Finaldi for quite some time. I say this because everything else I have of her are of dialogue and story for a dead movie project (as already mentioned several times). If I'm fortunate enough to have another filming session with her when she returns to North America, I'll try and upload another movie short once that gets done. Until then, I won't have anything else featuring her I can realistically upload.

I hope everyone reading this already saw the three previous videos before looking at the outtakes reel.

The one thing you might notice more than anything else is, the characters have lines. Since the original intent was to have a story, the characters actually had dialogue. Not only are there bloopers for the fight scenes, you get to see the actors misdelivering their lines.

In my blog entry regarding the vs. Seishiro video, I mentioned I made the mistake of filming in 4:3 before I switched the camera back to 16:9. You can see my error in the outtakes reel. At approximately the 1:52 mark, you'll see the "black borders" on both sides of the screen.

At the 4:02 mark, Jenn is crawling on concrete and her hand hits the katana. Her hand hitting the katana was not intended and wasn't her fault. That was completely my mistake for not giving her better directions for what I wanted. I had to laugh when I realized that. XD

At approximately the 4:38 mark, Vlad speaks Russian and says, "I killed your husband." In my previous blog entry, I briefly discussed the original script's story. I decided in addition to the serious English language version, I wanted something silly for the outtakes reel. It finally sees the light of day.

At the 4:55 mark, you'll see footage which did not appear in any of the three previous fight movies. I intended this footage to be a quick flashback sequence to tell a background story. The "trucker hat guy" and the martial artist Jenn fights (who are both played by Vlad Rimburg) are supposed to be completely different characters. I also neglected to actually record the sound when I shot these scenes so you don't hear anything except for the bashing and slapping effects I added.

The footage from 4:55 to 5:34 was meant to be an actual scene for the story.

The footage from 5:35 to the end of the outtakes reel are actual bloopers and outtakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment